The beauty and serenity of Central Maryland beckons you to work at our scenic resort, located in the Baltimore-Washington region. Surrounded by 1,000 acres and immaculate fairways, Turf Valley Resort exudes a quiet charm and an inviting ambiance for events, vacations, retreats and family getaways. Our guests can play two championship golf courses, rejuvenate at our luxurious spa, relax by the outdoor pool, and savor the local flavors at our American Fusion restaurant. As Maryland’s premier golf resort, spa and conference center, Turf Valley Resort is an ideal destination for corporate meetings, team building, golf tournaments and romantic weddings.
We are currently hiring for an entrepreneurial minded Account Executive to attract, sell and contract group business for the Education, Government, Fraternal/Sorority and Sports markets.
The ideal candidate would:
- Create and execute strategic sales plans to identify, attract and retain appropriate business to hotel
- Manage weekly Sales solicitation activities to increase relationships with our clients, grow group rooms and related revenue
- Respond to incoming leads in a timely fashion while maximizing business opportunities to achieve the highest profit margins for department and hotel
- Creatively sell available hotel space to maximize revenue
- Assist in implementing special promotions relating to direct sales segments
- Follows Turf Valley procedures for account management
- Achieve monthly sales goals.
- Conduct a professional, thorough site visit with clients, exhibiting key features and benefits of the property.
- Meet and greet onsite contacts
- Work as a team and assist other sales members as needed in the achievement of their goals to ensure departmental goals are met
- Have the occasional work flexibility to include: weekday hours, weekends, and possible travel
- Participate in Manager on Duty coverage
- Two to four years Hotel Sales experience.
- Ability to effectively utilize a variety of computer programs, i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Delphi, SMS Host experience preferred
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests
Please send resumes to Donna Robbins at firstname.lastname@example.org.