This year’s recipients of the Stars of the Industry Awards are:
Honors a hotel that gets involved with their local communities and generates good will that extends far beyond their own doors.
• Hyatt Regency Baltimore Inner Harbor
Honors a property that drives fresh thinking and inspires a culture of innovation among staff, guests, the environment and/or the community.
• Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center
Recognizes a hotel with programs that create goodwill among guests and effectively meets their needs.
• MGM National Harbor
Emerging Leader of the Year
Awarded to an exemplary employee, under age 30, who has demonstrated superior professional dedication, leadership, and a fresh perspective to their job.
• Division 1: Chasidy Chambers, Kimpton Hotel Monaco Baltimore
• Division 2: Hannah Lauck, Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Golf Resort, Spa & Marina
The following awards recognize excellence among individual employees in each hotel department.
Administrative/Support Star of the Year
• Division 1: Mallory Davis, Royal Sonesta Harbor Court Baltimore
• Division 2: Yvonne Rallo, Baltimore Marriott Waterfront
Food & Beverage Star of the Year
• Division 1 (Select Service): Farideh Sohailee, Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore
• Division 1 (Full Service): Alfredo Tovar, Holiday Inn Columbia East-Jessup
• Division 2: Paulette Barnaby, Bethesda Marriott
• Division 2: Timothy Yu, Renaissance Baltimore Harborplace Hotel
Guest Services Star of the Year
• Division 1: Angel Castillo, Homewood Suites by Hilton Baltimore
• Division 2: Maryam Aslami, BWI Airport Marriott
• Division 2: Milton Delaney, MGM National Harbor
Heart of the House Star of the Year
• Division 1: Juan Ochoa, Holiday Inn Express & Suites Germantown-Gaithersburg
• Division 2: Sidney Nkodia, Hilton Baltimore Inner Harbor
Housekeeping Star of the Year
• Divison 1: Arielle Ouano, Sagamore Pendry Baltimore
• Division 2: Keara Jones, Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center
Sales Professional of the Year
• Division 1: Jenny Betlejewski, Turf Valley Resort
• Division 2: Gail Scrivener, Hilton Baltimore BWI Airport
Manager of the Year
Recognizes exceptional performance by an employee in a supervisory role.
• Division 1: Eric Reyes, Hotel Indigo Baltimore Downtown
• Division 2: Brandon Sease, Sheraton Inner Harbor
General Manager of the Year
Honors a hotelier who has demonstrated superior professionalism in operating a Maryland Hotel Lodging Association member property.
• Division 1: Amanda Rankin, SpringHill Suites Hagerstown
• Division 2: Bob Daley, Bethesda North Marriott Hotel & Conference Center