The Maryland Hotel Lodging Association plans to award multiple $1,500 scholarships again in 2019. Funds are raised through the MHLA Annual Golf Outing. We are proud to support deserving employees at Maryland hotels who are dedicated to careers in the lodging industry. We will accept the first round of applications February 8 through April 30, 2019.
Criteria for applicants is listed below:
• Current resident of State of Maryland
• Currently employed with a minimum of six (6) months of work experience at a Maryland hotel.
• Sincere desire to pursue a professional career in the Lodging Industry
• At least a Junior in high school or above with a minimum 3.0 GPA
How to Apply
1) Complete the attached application as well as providing a 1-2 page essay addressing these two topics:
• Tell us how you demonstrate leadership, drive and integrity at school, work, and within your community.
• Explain why you have chosen a career in the lodging industry, and what your career objectives are.
2) Attach a current resume that provides educational and background information.
3) Include a transcript or other documentation verifying your GPA.