The Maryland Hotel Lodging Association is now accepting applications for multiple $1,500 scholarships to be awarded through the Maryland Tourism Education Foundation again this year. MHLA is able to award these scholarships due to the past success of our Annual Golf Outing through all who sponsored, contributed or participated at that event. We are proud to be giving back to our industry and awarding these scholarships to deserving individuals, who plan to continue their careers in this industry and are employed by our members.
The application can be found by clicking here.
Criteria for applicants is listed below:
• Current resident of State of Maryland
• Currently employed with a minimum of six (6) months of work experience at a Maryland hotel.
• Sincere desire to pursue a professional career in the Lodging Industry
• At least a Junior in high school or above with a minimum 3.0 GPA
How to Apply
1) Complete the attached application as well as providing a 1-2 page essay addressing these two topics:
• Tell us how you demonstrate leadership, drive and integrity at school, work, and within your community.
• Explain why you have chosen a career in the lodging industry, and what your career objectives are.
2) Attach a current resume that provides educational and background information.
3) Include a transcript or other documentation verifying your GPA.
The deadline to apply for the 2018 MHLA Scholarship is June 29, 2018.
Applicants can contact MHLA by emailing mhla@MDLodging.org to verify the membership status of the hotel prior to submission or if they have any questions.
Winners will be announced in July.